Many of us live in fear.
The fear of the unknown, the fear of what will happen if I do this, the fear of what will happen if I break it.
Now no one wants to reinvent the wheel, but in the process of discovering ourselves, we often put too many limitations on what we can and cannot do.
I was right there once in my life when I thought it’s working, let’s just leave it at that…but there’s only so much good that’s going to do you.
Have you ever tried or considered doing the opposite?
Breaking the norm and going against everything your fears are holding you back from?
Perhaps the actions you think will backfire, can actually move you forward?
I thoroughly believe (or used to) that your dream business can become a reality without you feeling pulled in a million different directions and problems.
However, the fear of failing or breaking something that is working fine can be a matter of life and death when you see your business flourishing well.
Let’s try and identify some of those fears:
- Getting Overwhelmed: The stress and anxiety level of taking on too many clients or orders always affects your personal health and mental wellbeing.
- Bad Press: You want to try something new and unique with what you offer but too many stories of experiments backfiring and generating negative reactions, can hold one back from even that great idea that’ll be hit.
- Not breaking even with the effort you’ve put in: It can be so demotivating when you don’t see the result of the time and hard work you’ve clocked in. Sure, everything takes time but what if you’re just going round and round no matter how hard you push.
These are just some examples of what it is like to be kept back from being where you desire to be just because you’re afraid of what the outcome can be.
But then how do you overcome them?
That is the million-dollar question!
You overcome your deepest fears by pushing yourself to do what makes you uncomfortable and by going beyond what is defined as “your limit”.
Now, now don’t run away from me just because what I say sounds scary or crazy, because it isn’t!
Here are 5 ways to discover new limits without being terrified:
- MAKE A PLAN: Having a plan to execute is crucial! It’ll make you stick it, hold you accountable if you miss any deadlines and will allow you to prioritize all areas that need critical attention.
- FIND YOUR BREAKING POINT: What is the one task you find daunting or overwhelming? Identify it, find your limit and push it further. If you don’t know what you’re pushing up against, how will you improve it?!
- REMEMBER YOUR WHY: You have to remember why you’re exerting yourself so much and stay firm with the decision! At times it may seem pointless going round the clock, sending in so many emails but if this attitude worked for so many businesses, it might work for you too, if you try!
- ACCEPT THE BAD DAYS: All that planning you did may not prepare you for the consequences. But things won’t go the way you imagined all the time and realizing the WHY of those actions will help you accept it quicker and move on.
- DON’T FORGET YOURSELF:
- Burnout happens when you forget yourself in the process of going after your goals. Make sure that you have a support group to rely on and a Mastermind group to take help from when you’re stuck, and you take self-care time out to just relax and recoup.